Saturday, April 11, 2009

Frankfurt

I'm not long back from Frankfurt - the big annual music fair called Frankfurt Messe. I was there representing four organisations - Boosey & Hawkes, my UK publisher, Schott, my European distributor, Hal Leonard, my American and Canadian distributor and of course Novus Via, my own company. 
Here's a picture of the Boosey & Hawkes part of the Schott stand:

I spent much of my time talking to private teachers and teachers at music schools (very popular on mainland Europe) from Germany mostly, but also from Vienna and Northern Italy. Most knew my work and all were interested in presentations in their area - watch his space!
I also was interested to see what other things are happening in music education publishing and to see colleagues from other companies - Faber Music, Music Sales and Trinity Guildhall, ABRSM and Universal Edition. 
American Popular Piano was on display - it's new to Europe and the whole process of letting people know about it starts now, as it did with Microjazz back in the early 80s. Here's me beside the APP stand at Frankfurt in my trendy new glasses...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sig. Christopher Norton, i am the father of Kevin Simon(on the video of the week)...i apreciate verry much your work, my little boy(5years) is happy to play piano with your methods....A lot of thanks from us...
Wish you all the best!!!
Sincerely:
Antonel Viorel Simon

Christopher Norton said...

Thanks - it's a great video! C