Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Frankfurt Messe 2010


The Frankfurt Messe is an annual international fair for musical instruments, sheet music and music business connections. I was there representing Boosey & Hawkes, Novus Via and my new digital ventures, www.christophernortonmidi.com and www.fourhandsplus.com. I was stationed at the big, very impressive Schott Music stand. Here's "my" part of it"


I spoke to quite a few teachers. They were all familiar with Microjazz and were interested to see the new Guide to Microjazz and the repackaged Collections with CD tracks added. Here are 2 of the people I spoke to, holding the new Guide:

Apart from talking to teachers I was also asked to play for a reception that was celebrating the 250th anniversary of Schott Music. A special treble clef-shaped pretzel was baked for the occasion:


And here's me at the piano, using a Roland HPi6, which contains 50 Microjazz pieces as part of its software. I look suitably rapt, although it could be the effect of jet-lag (New Mexico to London to Frankfurt)


Two colleagues were with me at Frankfurt, Clarke MacIntosh from Novus Via and Lydia Machell from Prima Vista. Her company has made all of American Popular Piano available in Braille - an exciting new development! Here they are at the fair:




No comments: